With effect from Monday 26th October 2015, the 394 (Glossop to Stockport via Stepping Hill) is reverting back to its former (weekday) terminus of Stepping Hill Hospital, and will no longer continue on into Stockport / Stockport Bus Station.
The extension to the service to continue on into Stockport, started in March – but High Peak / Centrebus have advised that due to ‘passenger loadings between Stepping Hill and Stockport’ been ‘relatively low and the operating costs of running the extension (which basically costed an extra bus) been higher than the revenue they were receiving for operating the service, the extension will be cancelled.
The timetable will essentially return back to what it was prior to March (with a few tweaks), meaning that in terms of current journeys there will be the following changes – all of these changes only effect Monday to Friday journeys :
- 7.30 from Glossop to Stockport (7.40 from Gamesley) will now depart from Glossop at 8.00 (8.12 from Gamesley)
- 8.38 from Glossop to Stockport (8.48 from Gamesley) will no longer run
- 13.38 from Glossop to Stockport (13.48 from Gamesley) will only run on School days to High Lane
- 15.10 from Stockport to Glossop – currently 15.30 from Stepping Hill will now be 15.38 from Stepping Hill (and later at following stops)
- 16.20 from Stockport to Glossop – currently 16.40 from Stepping Hill will now be 16.50 from Stepping Hill (and later at following stops)
- 17.25 from Stockport to Glossop – currently 17.45 from Stepping Hill will now be 17.38 from Stepping Hill (and earlier at following stops)
There are no changes to the Saturday service.
You can take a look for yourself by clicking below :
For anyone currently using the service all the way to Stockport, you will need to change buses (and as at current) you may be quicker changing at Marple, but this does mean you need to use other bus companies and as such the SystemOne range of tickets may be better for you and you can get information on ticket options by clicking here.
I’ve asked if there is any possibility that the 13.38 can continue to Stepping Hill rather than stopping at High Lane or if at least arrangements can be put in place for any tickets to be valid on the 199 for the missing part of the journey, and I will let you know what reply I receive.
If you’re effected by the change please get in touch and let me know.