Just a reminder that this Friday (21st August) is the closing date for nominations for the High Peak Sports Awards. Nominations are wanted for a sports person, team, coach, or volunteer, who has achieved in sport within the High Peak over the last 12 months.
Nominations can be made by any individual who knows someone involved in sport within the borough. Teams and individuals can be nominated for more than one award and if you cant find someone to nominate you self-nominations are also accepted.
The categories are:
• Junior Sportsman and sportswoman of the Year
• Junior Disabled Sportsman and sportswoman of the Year
• Sportsperson of the Year
• Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
• Veteran Sportsperson of the Year
• Team of the Year
• Disability Sports Team of the Year
• Young Sports Leader/Young Coach of the Year
• Service to Sport Award
• Club of the Year
• Performance Coach of the Year
• Community Coach of the Year
• Contribution to School Sport
Successful nominations will be invited to an awards ceremony at the Pavilion Gardens in Buxton on Thursday 1st October.