Over recent days the Government has made several announcements on financial support, which are likely to be delivered by High Peak Borough Council.
At this point in time, all of the details on how these schemes will be delivered is not yet know.
For information, here is what we know so far and where possible what the Council is doing to enact them.
· Retail, leisure and hospitality sector to be awarded 100% relief for 12 months to all properties regardless of rateable value (we are currently reviewing eligible accounts)
· Pub Relief increased to £5,000 (but the majority of public houses in the High Peak will be captured in the above– (currently reviewing accounts)
· £10,000 grant to be made available for small businesses in receipt of small business rate relief (uncertain at this point on eligibility, how payment will be made. – (we will provide further updates when known)
· All business in the retail, leisure and hospitality sector with a rateable value below £51,000 will be eligible for a grant of up to £25,000 (uncertainties as above, as to whether this is in addition to the £10,000 grant) - (we will provide further updates when known)
· Hardship fund announced – government to provide Local Authorities (in England) with £500 million of grant funding to support economically vulnerable people and households – through Council Tax relief (uncertain what allocation individual Authorities will be awarded / eligibility etc. at this stage – (we will provide further updates when known)
· Government has announced potential ‘mortgage holidays’ for those financially impacted by Covid-19 (we are again not clear on the details).
· The Government has announced today a Complete ban on evictions and additional protection for renters - further details https://www.gov.uk/…/complete-ban-on-evictions-and-addition…
The Council are also looking at how the current situation is impacting on local charitable/voluntary organisations, and how we can best support them, while further support from Government (in its widest sense) is put in place.